What is AzPHA?
We are a membership organization that works to improve the level of health and well-being for all Arizonans through advocacy, education and professional development. AzPHA is a non-profit organization that has been in business since 1928. Our members include health care professionals, state and county health employees, health educators, community advocates, doctors, nurses, students and faculty, and anyone who is interested in public health issues.
A non-profit, professional organization working to improve the health of Arizona's communities through advocacy, education, and professional development.
Healthy communities for all Arizonans.
AzPHA is a proud affiliate of the American Public Health Association
What Is Public Health?
Public health focuses on creating healthy communities through research, promotion of healthy lifestyles, and education. Public health focuses on disease and injury prevention, as well as health promotion. Public health focuses on a community as a whole, versus just focusing on one individual.
- Legislative Committee:
- This committee reviews proposed and existing federal, state and local health laws and ordinances and makes recommendations for policy action to the Board of Directors. They also propose needed legislation and are most active when the Arizona Legislature is in session, usually from January through April.
- Membership Committee:
- The Committee devises ways to recruit and retain members, to make membership effective and make recommendations to the Board. The Committee works with the Executive Director and Staff to design appropriate materials and carry out the recommendations of the Board. This committee may arrange for membership displays to be set up at Association meetings and at other meetings where potential members could be recruited.
- Resource Development Committee:
- The committee is responsible for implementing the resource development strategic plan. The committee sets a goal for resource development each year and devises strategies to meet this goal. Activities may include raffles, auctions, securing donations, increasing sustaining membership by numbers and amounts, grant writing and other methods as appropriate.
- Professional Development Committee:
- This committee is charged with planning and scheduling the professional events of the association for the calendar year. This committee will help identify subcommittee members to plan the content of the events and ensure activities are spread throughout the year and not overlap the work of others.
- Fall Conference Planning Subcommittee: This committee is charged with planning and scheduling all aspects of the Annual Meeting/Fall Conference.
- Spring Conference Planning Subcommittee: This committee is charged with planning and scheduling all aspects of the Spring Conference.
Thank you to our attendees as well as our sponsors for making this another great conference! We look forward to seeing you in the Spring!
Thank you to our 2014 Fall Conference Top Sponsor:
To view materials from the 86th Annual Fall conference follow the link below: